LAST UPDATED: 25 May 2018 in line with GDPR Legislation
Who is Beacon?
For purposes of this Policy, Beacon refers to Interchange and Consort Hotels, trading as Beacon and Best Western GB.
When does this Policy apply?
Beacon operates in a business to business environment, however, this Policy applies to personal data that we may use in relation to our websites at www.beaconpurchasing.co.uk and https://myb-online.indicater.com/ (each a “Site”) and our account management processes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information;
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons. Note: Beacon and Interchange Consort Hotels do not sell information and customer data on to third parties:
- Internal record keeping.
- Credit account opening.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or direct mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will use this information to make contact with you to manage your membership of Beacon.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
What are my rights?
Beacon takes the security of your personal Data very seriously and protection laws are in place to give you choices in relation to your personal data. The ICO website, contains all of the information you should need to know with regards to general data protection regulation (GDPR).
Information From Our Supply Partners.
From time to time, we may receive or request information about you and your business from our supply partners. This information will not be sold to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- All our communications to you will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time. You can also unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications by contacting email@example.com.
Beacon will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our supply partners which we think you may find interesting.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.