Beacon is delighted to have grown our supply base once more with the introduction of Pensworth Dairy. Pensworth is one of the UK's leading milk and diary suppliers. Delivering to over 100,000 doorsteps every week as well as providing milk and dairy to retail and the catering trade.
Guest article Pensworth Dairy
Pensworth is a family run business, started in 1975 as a dairy farming partnership by two brothers Roger and Cliff Bishop, alongside George Jeffreys who owned the local Newhouse Estate in Redlynch, near Salisbury. The three partners started milking 200 Friesian dairy cattle.
In 1988 the partnership made the bold decision to leave the Milk Marketing Board and started their own on-farm milk processing and bottling operation utilising existing farm buildings and selling its own farm milk to local households. This evolved over the next 10 years to encompass about 10 doorstep delivery rounds and 12 wholesale lorry routes, which serviced the local shops, service station forecourts and catering businesses.
Pensworth is an ideal fit for Beacon and already supplies milk and dairy to thousands of business customers. Proud to supply a wide range of products, Pensworth can help with the following plus much more. Milk
- Supplied in both glass or poly bottles, bottled in the dairy in Hampshire Bread
- Full range of fresh Hovis breads available for delivery Cream
- Made with milk from the diary in Hampshire and available in single, double or whipped Eggs
- Free range or colony available from approved packers and Lion coded Yoghurts
- Pensworth have a wide range of yoghurts available from their supply partner Tims Dairy Cheese
- Available in blocks, grated or soft cheese, ideal for catering purposes Butters and Spreads
- Butters and Sunflower portions available in pack sizes 250g - 2kg
For a number of years Pensworth have held accreditation to enable supply into the NHS, schools and the Public Sector. In 2016 SALSA accreditation was obtained which enabled the addition of the Red Tractor logo to be added to the milk. Accreditation from Organic Farmers and Growers is also held for the increasing amount of Organic milk being processed.
To find out more about Pensworth, please visit My Beacon
, call 01904 69558
8 or click here
Why not follow Beacon on Twitter
for up to the minute news and insight.