The rise in technology has led to modern travellers expecting a much more personalised hotel stay, according to new research from InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
Matt Luscombe, chief commercial officer, IHG in Europe, said: “People now expect products and services in all aspects of their lives to be completely personalised. This research shows that travellers are increasingly demanding authentic and exciting experiences as well as the comforts of home.”
Sitting amongst the top three most desired attributes were good service, a reflection of local trends and customs and more tailored stays that reflect their personal preferences.
Further report findings showed that;
- 59% of travellers said their hotel stay would be more comfortable if services were personalised
- 54% said a personalised experience would make them feel more valued
- 18-34 year olds were most interested in enhanced music and movie packages
- Over 65's wanted a healthy foods and drink offering from their stay
- Those surveyed from China (54%) and Brazil (62%) expected personalisation to be part of their stay and saw this as a 'sign of respect'
The worldwide survey highlighted many differences in preference depending on where the guest resided from. Americans showed a leaning towards flexibility and choice when choosing their 'check-in' or 'check-out' time, whereas Brits wanted a 'surprise with a personal touch'.
Russians were most likely to demand travel guides in their own language, but Chinese travellers also wanted their guides in the form of interactive apps.
Beacon assist hoteliers in the UK by sourcing products, services and niche suppliers to ensure that you really can tailor your experience to reflect your surroundings and target customer.
Why not take a look at the suppliers with whom we work and our customers case studies to see how we could help you in your business.