Located in Newmarket, the BEST WESTERN Heath Court Hotel called upon Beacon’s Design Service in January 2014 to facilitate a multi-million pound investment to refurbish the hotel’s reception, bar, lounge and restaurant for the first time in 15 years.
Despite fantastic reviews for customer service, customers often commented that the hotel was let down by its ‘dated’ interior design. Robert Nobbs, General Manager at the hotel, had never managed a refurbishment project of this magnitude, and brought the Beacon Design Service team on board to support, using its extensive sector expertise, project management experience and purchasing agent service.
Beacon Design Service is provided by Beacon to assist businesses with practical solutions to improve business performance and growth to drive profitability. Working with Chris Johnson, Design Services Manager at Beacon, and the team at Dakota House of Design, Beacon’s strategic design partner, the hotel has been transformed into a stunning and special venue, with hints of Newmarket’s racing history throughout the new décor.
- The reception, bar, lounge and restaurant have been completely redesigned, introducing soothing palettes, contemporary bespoke furnishings and clean lines
- The new design now benefits from full air conditioning along with new, comfortable seating areas and free Wi-Fi throughout
Says Robert, “Beacon was always thinking of the bigger picture, which means we have created a fantastic space as a whole. Beacon was a true partner in this project; the team took into account my feedback on whether specific furniture would work within the space. The Beacon suppliers were also fantastic - they kept us up to date at every stage, so we were never in the dark about the progress of the project.”
Beacon called on many suppliers to bring Robert’s vision to life:
- Dining chairs and bar tables were sourced from Bourne Furniture
- Bar chairs and restaurant tables from Morgan furniture
- Fabrics were sourced from Kobe, Panaz and Skopos, with Robena Contract Furnishings supplying the fabrication of curtains and sheers
- Chelsom Lighting and Francis catering were the final pieces of the puzzle to give Heath Court a new lease of life
The Beacon and Dakota design teams worked closely with the suppliers to ensure all products were of high quality and were durable, whilst sitting within the chosen colour and design scheme.
Chris Johnson, Design Services Manager at Beacon, commented on the refurbishment: “The Heath Court project was a fantastic opportunity for Beacon to work with one of the biggest international hotel brands, but also to make a big difference to a local business. The hotel hadn’t seen significant investment in a number of years, and we needed to make a big impact with the redesign, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the end of result of this project.”
Robert added: “The redesign and refurbishment has really brought the hotel back to life and we are so excited to be welcoming old and new customers alike to the rejuvenated Heath Court.”